The lender you work with will be a key member of your home buying team. You should make sure that they are as dedicated to your financial future as you are. As a real estate agent with a Colorado mortgage loan officer license (NMLS#1473846 CO# 100502413) I bring a unique perspective to this process and can assist in ways other agents can’t.
The best advice you can get when looking to buy is to shop around. The mortgage industry is very competitive and finding the best rate on a 30-year mortgage can save you a ton of money.
To help you start the home buying process here are three lenders that I have worked with in the past. Each has their strengths. Interview all three as well as any others recommended to you. Ask to see a breakdown of their fees and rates. There is much more to a mortgage than simply the interest rate.
ITEMS NEEDED FOR PRE-APPROVAL
• Copy of driver’s license and social security card for all applicants
• 30 days most recent paystubs for all applicants
• Two year’s most recent W-2 statements for all applicants
• Two year’s most recent tax returns for all applicants (all pages)
• Two months most recent bank statements (all pages)
• Most recent statement for 401k, IRA or other retirement accounts
• Awards letters and 1099s for any social security, pension or disability income
• Copy of divorce decree (if applicable)
• Copy of bankruptcy discharge (if applicable)
If you don’t have copies of these items or don’t know where to get them a lender or myself will be able to assist you in compiling them.